Friday, July 4, 2014

Revisiting the Lion King

Its the circle of life with the Lion King (1994).


Summary: Set in Africa, our story begins with the birth of a new king to be, Simba. Did I mention that every character is an animal? Okay so Simba is a lion and the lions represented in this movie are royalty. So Simba's dad, Mufasa is the king of the Safari or just King of Pride Rock. Anyway as Simba is growing up and eager to one day take over the family business, Mufasa is polishing and preparing Simba to be the next king while Simba's Uncle Scar, becomes increasingly jealous due to his desire to one day rule the plains. Scar then fetches up a scheme to kill both Mufasa and Simba so that he can inherit the thrown. TRAGEDY follows and Simba runs away from Pride Rock where he decides to never return again and live the Hakuta Matata lifestyle with his new friends that raised him, Timon and Pumbaa. 

Childhood Point of View: This movie was so good! So apart from wanting to be a mermaid I wanted to be a lion! Everything was just so awesome and inspiring about this movie, just fell in love with all the animals! 

  • Music: The music was just so different and foreign from all the Disney music! It was all just upbeat and uplifting. My favorite singing with my guy best friend at the time was "Just Can't Wait to be King", described all my childish innocents and star gazing dreams! 
  • Characters: Timon and Pumbaa! After the movie was released they came out with a show just dedicated to the meerkat and warthog, I use to watch it for days. These two were by favorite while apart from Simba and Mufasa who just played the more rooting for the hero to save the day! 
    They do exist! 
  • Message: As a kid I didn't know to relate the message of Lion King to my life but it made me understand nature and how it works. I literally use to think the lions were really kings of the jungle and all the other animals were their subjects. 

THIS PART MADE ME SOBB FOR DAYS

 Adult Point of View: The musical is so much better! I recomend that you watch this movie and then watch the musical, you'll end up appreciating the movie so much more! The musical is just so much more realistic, inspiring and DEEP, just a well done Disney production that can never be overplayed.


  • Music: The music is just so cultural with the whole African culture. I felt like I was in Africa. Just beautiful. I can listen to the Lion King's 'Circle of Life' for days. I get the feels...
  • Characters: They are all still pretty awesome. Mufasa, Simba, Timon, Pumbaa, Scar, Nala, Zazu, and Rafiki. Though as an adult, I know the sad truth between all these characters is that of false childhood fantasy because Simba would have eaten and killed his friends if he wasn't a red-headed talking lion. Circle of life.
  • Message: As an adult the only message I got out of this movie was Hakuta Matata, it means no worries. 


Reality 


LUAU! 


No comments:

Post a Comment