Friday, July 4, 2014

Revisiting Hercules

Hero to Zero, Hercules (1997)


Summary: Hercules is a well know Greek Mythology that follows the tale of demi-god, Hercules. Like any other Disney hero, Hercules feels out of place and searches for his true self, he then discovers from his parents that he was adopted and his only clue to his past is a medal that was found around his neck when he was a baby. Recognizing it as the symbol of the god, Zeus, Hercules travels to Zeus' temple where he discovers he is Zeus' long lost son and must train to be a hero in order to re-enter Olympus with the other gods. 

I loved this movie when I was a kid, it was so just so uplifting and I really related to Hercules for some strange reason. The music was so fun and catchy. I loved Pegasus! Compared to all the Disney movies Hercules was pretty innocent minus the part with Hades and the monsters. Rewatching the movie as an adult was so much more relatable, as a college student, we don't know what are true purpose on this earth is and we go to college to find out, and along the way, we to tend to stray from our original goals and dreams because something happens a long our journey that discourages us, but with Hercules song "I Can Go the Distance" it just represents staying focus and motivated. Hercules song help keep me on my journey and encouraged me to bypass all the obsticles and adversities that came my way. So whenever I feel like I can't do something and I don't know how I'm going to get there, I just listen to this song and it keeps me on track :) 

Disney comfort song of the moment 'I Can Go the Distance'



Still love the Muses! And thats the gospel truth! -Hmmh


BROS!


No comments:

Post a Comment