Sunday, June 15, 2014

Revisiting my Disney Childhood

Hi! My name is Emma and I'm 20 years old, turning 21 this year in November - woo woo XD

This blog will basically be about me as an adult revisiting classic Disney movies that I loved as a child.

Growing up I use to be fascinated by disney movies and their magical meanings they had behind them! On as side note, I was never really in the scene of the Disney princess. Every single Disney animated movie was created to help stimulate a child's imagination and help uplift dreams though vivid colors and songs and inspirational heroes and heroines.
-My favorite being the Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Nightmare before Christmas (I was a very distasteful child).
Me, age 4 at Disneyland crying for some unknown reason
Anyway Disney movies were based on purity and innocents that only a child could comprehend but revisiting most of the Disney movies at the age of a corrupted 20 year old mind, its really exhilarating   to watch some of the movies with a cynical mentality or for a better put word, a realistic mentality. Some Disney movies are filled with dark, mature, and sexual situations that only an adult could pick up on. Therefore this blog, again, will be dedicated to revealing my first initial reviews of the movies from the best of my recollection of my childhood to now being the ever so mature adult I've grown up to be. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Emma!
    I like the concept that you are putting together for your blog! Disney movies are definitely a different experience to watch now that we are older. There are some things that I have caught onto now that I had not when I was younger. I can't wait to read your future reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Disney movie too! We can learn a lot of good things from Disney movie and Disney always make me happy! By the way, my favorite Disney movie is Aladdin!

    ReplyDelete