Sunday, June 22, 2014

Revisiting Beauty and the Beast

A tale as old as time, Beauty and the Beast (1991). Another Disney classic. This movie was just so pure and innocent. Though she might not be a "heroine" but Belle is definitley a princess!


Summary: Beauty and the Beast is simply a love story! Belle is known in her town as being strange and different just becuase she loves reading books, therefore her and her inventor father are outcasted. It is not until Belle's father leaves for buisness and finds himself lost in a forest where he is forced to seek shelter in an enchanted castle where the furniture can talk. Belle's father is then captured by the Beast and taken as his prisoner for trespassing. Belle eventually searches for her missing father and she too stumbles upon the castle. She then begs the Beast if she could trade places with her father as his prisoner, the Beast agrees in hope that Belle is the one that can break the curse that falls over his castle. 

Childhood Point of View: I considered this movie my favorite love story. The whole concept of her being the beautiful one and the beast as the ugly one is just so romantic! ~ to bad Quasimodo didn't get his ideal ending.

  • Music: The music was good. As a kid I really enjoyed the songs "Belle" and "Gaston". The movie was funny, cute, and inspiring. Really enjoyed everything. 

  • Characters: Belle and Belle's father, Maurice were my two favorite characters because she was just really pretty and smart while Maurice was corky. The candlestick, Lumiere was also charming and funny. Didn't care for the Beast thought he was jerk not until the end he started growing on me. Besides Belle being pretty and smart (again), she truley loved the Beast as who he was, a gentle spirit when you get to know him, but compared to the other Disney princesses, Belle didn't fall for the princes' good looks and title, she is the most honest and selfless princess by far. - when I say princesses I mean, Cinderella, Snow White, and Aurora.  

  • Message: Don't judge a book by its cover. First impressions are not everything, love somebody for who they are and not their looks. 


cute <3
Adult Point of View: Still have the same feelings about this movie as when I was a kid but the only thing that I love more then the cute couple is Gaston.

  • Music: The music is timeless. But I died hard laughing from "Gaston". Still my favorite song.

  • Characters: Is it bad to say I really love Gaston now! I mean he was really the most shallowist character in the movie but how can anybody resist a big ego/stupid guy? Yeah he just liked Belle for just being pretty but so did the Beast! They both wanted the girl and Gaston was more honest about his wants. I still rooted for him but this guy made me laugh out loud whenever he would pop up. 

  • Message: Never judge a book by it's cover, unless it's Gaston! 

Gaston is still funny

3 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie!! You are mentioning the points of view from now as an adult and when we are young and I just want to watch this movie again now just to see if I will get another different expression or not. And I love the music in this movie too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't count how many times I've watched this movie! You reminded me my childhood.. Now, I thought of the latest time that I watched Beauty and the Beast. I watched this movie focusing more on the contents. I just liked the cartoon and characters when I was a child.
    I like the title, Looking Back at Disney Movies as an Adult. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS MOVIE IS BY FAR MY FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIE TO DATE! I'm glad that you chose this movie to use in your blog, because it teaches kids so many great qualities! Mainly don't judge a book by its cover (like you said)

    ReplyDelete